ABRT :: Automatic Bug Reporting tool, On RHEL7 we can configure the system to send mail on every crash along with other information.
1. Install all required rpms :: abrt-tui abrt-addon-ccpp libreport-plugin-mailx
2. Update file /etc/abrt/abrt-action-save-package-data.conf – It allows you to modify the behaviour of the abrt-action-save-package-data program. I have ::
OpenGPGCheck = no — if yes, crashes will be detected only in the applications whose packages are signed by the GPG keys. N
o means crashes will be reported in all programs even not signed by GPG.
ProcessUnpackaged = yes — yes means, process crashes in executables that do not belong to any package. The default setting is no.
3. Configure mailx plugin by modifying /etc/libreport/plugins/mailx.conf, define Subject, EmailFrom, EmailTo and SendBinaryData
4. Restart the services abrtd and abrt-ccpp.
5. Enable abrt-auto-reporting, sudo abrt-auto-reporting enabled.
6. /usr/bin/abrt-cli list shows crashes with the abrt crash directories created, go to the directory, and execute